Keep the Social Media Buzz – Buzzing!
Managing your social media buzz can take 30 minutes to an hour a day, tops. While this may seem like a lot, many customers are making their choice based on what they see and read. Most people understand that you will not always be perfect, but will usually browse back a couple of pages worth of comments.
Chat with your team; seek and enlist someone that is passionate about this, and let them go at it. Use these tips, and you will see fruitful rewards!
POST PICS DAILY – AT DIFFERENT TIMES
- You should do this no more than once a day, but to all social media. It can be done in minutes. Mix-it up with food, drinks, and restaurant atmosphere shots.
TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING – WHY SHOULD I GO THERE?
- Let the world know what is happening: specials, new menus, the patio, etc.
SOFT SELLING ONLY
- Talk about an offer once in a while, but you should not be seen as a used car salesman. Be authentic.
TALK ABOUT YOUR TEAM
- Do you have a new Chef, a rock-star server, a great mixologist? Use your team member’s name [if they ok it]. This will make it personal and get your team in the game.
ALWAYS RESPOND TO COMMENTS
- Responses should be ideally as same-day as possible. Positives can be as simple as a “like” or a “thank you” or “our team will love to hear that!” Be humble and thankful.
DON’T BE AFRAID TO ENGAGE – BACK AND FORTH
- Some chat back and forth is good just not too lengthy. Social media should be used to build and nurture relationships.
ALWAYS RESPOND TO NEGATIVE – SAME DAY
- If you messed up, admit and demonstrate you have learned from it. Do not argue or be defensive. “Thanks for the feedback and we will take steps…..” Responding with empathy to a guest’s comment shows that you care about hospitality.
DON’T BE TOO FORMAL OR DRY
- Have fun with it; engage your audience. Just because you are part of a bigger company doesn’t mean you can’t have a personality!
POST PICS OF PEOPLE (WITH THEIR PERMISSION)
- This makes it more authentic, fun, and connects with others.
- Never give out personal details, and be sure to use private messaging when available.
For more details, or assistance with marketing and social media success, contact Russ Blakeborough at www.focus-fb.com
About the Author:
Russ Blakeborough is a former member of Cayuga Hospitality Consultants.
Related Articles & Case Studies
Joseph Cozza Appointed Partner at Cayuga Hospitality Consultants
SARASOTA, FLA. MAY 20, 2023 Cayuga Hospitality Consultants is excited to announce that Joseph Cozza, based in Farmingdale, NJ, has joined the team...
ChatGPT Accelerates the Evolution of SSI/DID for Personalized Travel Experiences
An article published by Phocuswright suggested that the evolution DID/SSI, Decentralized Identifiers and Self Sovereign Identity, would transform a fragmented travel experiences market...