All Consultants / Simon Fricker
Luxury Boutique Hotelier & Restaurateur
International luxury boutique hotelier specializing in new concepts, pre-openings & operations. Advising stakeholders on how to optimize project investments, enhance asset value & maximize profit.
Key Consulting Services
- Pre Openings & Turn-Arounds
- Food & Beverage Concept Creation, Pre-Openings, Openings & Operation
- Revenue Strategy & Budget Management
- Operations & Management - Luxury, Boutique, Urban & Resort Properties
- Reputation Management & Branding
From pre-openings to distressed properties, Simon transforms operations, organizational culture and guest experience in a way that disrupts markets and gives clients an above market performing hotel. Offering in-depth knowledge of urban and resort markets, brand management and food and beverage concepts to delivery. Born and educated in Switzerland, his career has spanned 3 continents with top brands from ultra luxury hotels like The Peninsula, the St. Regis, the legendary Baur au Lac in Zurich and Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group to forward thinking boutique luxury lifestyle properties like Ian Schrager’s Gramercy Park Hotel, NOBU and Alila Hotels and Resorts by Hyatt. Most recently, Simon renovated, re-opened and re-positioned the new 313 acres Aurora Resort & Golf Club in Anguilla, BWI in the Caribbean. Food & Beverage Expertise: - Michelin Star award winning food concepts, openings and operations - International award-winning celebrity chef partnerships Hotel Ops Expertise: - FORBES Five stars and AA Five Diamonds Hotel operations / $30 - 100 Mil. revenues / Up to 250 guest rooms - Luxury lifestyle boutique properties in urban and resort markets - Sales & Marketing / trends, ideas, emerging segments - Hotel quality checks and audits - Property efficiency, profitability, management & implementation turn arounds for underperforming properties - Recruitment & Culture Specialized in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and North America
- Swiss-born Simon A. Fricker is an international boutique-luxury hotelier who has operated properties of some of the world’s most notable and successful luxury and lifestyle brands in hospitality. Recognized for his trademark innovation in Food & Beverage and signature Swiss-style management skills, he equips hotel and resort teams with the bottom-up knowledge required to successfully operate and serve guests. Fricker’s career has spanned over three continents; he has proven his executive leadership by leveraging his over 25 year experience in luxury and modern lifestyle venues in emerging markets throughout the world. He pursued an education in culinary and then hospitality management at Schweizerische Hotelfachschule Luzern, Switzerland. He did further studies at École Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland. His professional career commenced at the Westin Copley Place in Boston as Restaurant Manager and over time he went on to lead F&B programs at the award-winning ultra-luxury Baur au Lac Hotel in Zurich, the iconic St. Regis and the Peninsula Hotel New York City. He then moved on to the forward-thinking boutique luxury lifestyle property, Ian Schrager’s Gramercy Park Hotel in New York, as Hotel Manager. Following this, he received the opportunity to open the Forbes triple Five-star award winning Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas and revamped the F&B offerings at Mandarin Oriental Miami. Fricker moved on to successfully open Marriott’s 2016 “Hotel of the Year”, Le Méridien Chicago-Oakbrook Center and moved thereafter to the Middle East to the opening of the new Leading Hotel of the World, NOBU Hotel Riyadh. At the end of 2020, Fricker has taken over the famed Resorts & Residences by Cuisinart in Anguilla as Managing Director and has been part of the rebranding process to Aurora Resort & Golf Club. It successfully re-opened in 2021 under its new brand.
I had the privilege of working with Simon when he successfully opened Le Meridien Chicago Oakbrook. The hotel soon became a best practice example for the North American portfolio thanks to Simon’s tireless commitment to detail, an enhanced guest experience and his dedication to delivery of brand standards at the highest level. I hope that the opportunity arises again for us to work together.
Pablo Henderson, Chief Marketing Officer
Professional & Other
Schweizerische Hotelfachschule Luzern, BA Hotel Management
Swiss Culinary School of Aarau
English / Swiss German / German
Switzerland & United States of America